Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well since the last time I posted on here a little bit has changed in fact I have took 20 steps backwards. It looks like all of my hard work on felting the roof was a waste of time if not that then a learning curve.
It all started when the strong winds around 80mph hammered England. I was driving down the lane to the allotments the day after the storms and I noticed something strange about my shed at first I thought the roof had been ripped off. I parked up the car and began to walk up to my plot I then notched that the window had disappeared in fact the shed had moved to.
It was at that point I realised I was quite lucky I had not lost the roof as first thought it just had a new function in life yep it was now The floor) yep that's right the shed had been blown over 180 degrees. Amazing the whole thing was still intact accept for one window the guttering and my newly laid felt.











I didn't want to open the door to see what carnage I had too deal with I felt like building a big bonfire and burning the lot …
That night I rang round my mates and got myself quite a bit of help, we went down at the weekend and started to empty the shed once the shed was empty it turned over quite easily and back onto its base. We then put 10 concrete blocks on the back wall of the shed to keep it weighed down for the next lot of high winds if I get time I will put some stakes in the ground and screw them to the side of the shed to act as anchor points.

No comments: