Thursday, March 06, 2008

Well after a long winters break i decided i had to go and face up to the plot . I was dreading going there seeing how bad it had become .
I called a favor and borrowed my friends rotorvator as it would mean less work for now but lots more work in the long run .. There are so many for's and against's when it comes to using one ... But the main thing is that it makes the job easy .
All i needed was the weather on my side and we were looking for a go . I woke up about 10 and things were looking good , We picked up the rotorvator and off we went .. God what a shock i was in for once we had the beast up and running , talk about hard work and heres me thinking this would be easy the beast had me all over the place getting stuck and going where it wanted , you had to wrestle with the damn thing but hey its still easier than digging ...
My plan is was not to rotorvate the whole plot as i want to be able to keep on top of it this year so ive done three sections which im hoping i will be able to keep on top of ...



...........................................................................................................................................................
Plans for the coming week
BED 1 this will be kept weed free until i can fill it full of potatoes
BED 2 as this is the less weeded bed and has great soil this will be my veggie patch for the year
BED 3 not sure what to put in here yet .......
more updates to follow

No comments: